CD Player's Site
Hints, Tips, Strategy and FAQs for playing Populous III online
These sites are not specifically information sources, but are well worth looking at as they often have interesting ideas, observations, screenshots, or anything. These sites do appear and disappear like mushrooms, so I apologise for any dead links - I check all the links every time I update the site (i.e. once in a blue moon). If you would like your site listed here, send me an email and a short description of what's on offer.
- Tigermaster's Populous Fansite (Hungarian) - Here's something different - a fan site in Hungarian. I'm sure that it is full of really useful tips and tricks, but I don't know Hungarian, so I'll never know. It does look nice though.
- The Producer's Site - Stuart Whyte was the Producer of Populous 3, and his site has an extensive collection of contemporary magazine reviews, merchandising examples and interviews. Some fascinating stuff there, including this neat picture of all the guys who brought Populous3 into our lives.
- The Blue Warrior's Hut - A site with information on spells, buildings followers, strategy etc. together with some downloads and a new map editor project. There is a Dutch version as well which can be accessed through http://members.lycos.nl/populous3/ but that page appears to be broken at the moment.
- C3's Undiscovered Worlds Site - A site devoted to Undiscovered Worlds. It should be good when it's finished but it's at an early stage of development so far. If you are having trouble getting a copy of UW, C3 has some links which may help.
- CaoCao's site - A new site for arranging matches with friends (or enemies!). A nice humour section, with a weekly caption competition for Populous screenshots.
- The Chumara Guard Tower - Kurtangle's been working hard on his site and it's coming along well. He has started a section with screenshots from New Worlds maps, he has walkthroughs for many of the single player maps, and lots of background information.
- Crazy Ace - Some nice screen shots, and a section for crazy Populous stories.
- DrummerKA - DrummerKA's site is going from strength to strength. He has a Populous news section, useful downloads (including the XS Bullet-Proof Launcher, the web design kit, and the 1.01 patch), a photo gallery of Populous players, some strategy and a whole heap more. You just got to see it for yourself. Check out 'Shadow Slayer's Braving Attempt' in the Populous section, for instance. Nice one Drumz!
- Keith52 - Some strategy, some news, a list of cool Populous players - something for everyone.
- Khickman's Domain - Khick has some neat screenshots (see what happens if you combine the AOD and Swarm spells!) and he has a page with his thoughts on the rules which should be followed in multiplayer Populous games. The real attraction though is his downloads page, where he is offering a selection of new multiplayer maps which he designed himself.
- Populous Revolution - This site, run by bartsimpson5986 and fundo55, has a range of pages, including a nice 'code of conduct', pictures, forum, downloads and links.
- StarvinMarvin's site - Starvin's putting this site together with some nice effects from the Pop web design kit and more - flying shamen, text-following cursors, all sorts.
Ste's site - a new site (Sept 2001) with walkthroughs for many of the single player levels.
To Top of Page
This section is for sites which have gone missing, but you might like to check them out, as they sometimes come back from the dead.
To Top of Page
- (CTECH) - The site was designed and run by Servant who was also designing an independent lobby program for Populous players. Dead at 22 January 2004.
- (DeathWishDave) - Just a holding page now - looks like Dave's wish came true (17/3/03).
- (MTK2001) - Suspended with a begging letter from Homestead replacing the homepage. MTK2001 didn't make it to 2003.
If you like this site, and if your site is included above, why not link back to me? I've made up some simple gif files (below) which you can use. You can link to them using this form of code:
Save the picture(s) to your site (in the same folder as the page you are linking from) and insert the correct filename in the code to replace '[filename].gif'.
src="[filename].gif" width="140" height="40" border="0"
© CD Player 2001 - 2011
Site owned and maintained by 'CD Player'
Last updated: 17 October 2011